Baking Squash and Pumpkins
There are many ways that our customers cook their pumpkin or squash, here is our favourite method:
- Wash squash or pumpkin and place on baking sheet that has a lip to catch any liquid that is released during baking.
- Pierce the skin with a fork 3 or 4 times.
- Bake in oven at 350ºF for an hour (depending on size of squash or pumpkin). Fork can easily be inserted when done.
- Cut in half and scoop out seeds.
- Scoop out flesh of squash or pumpkin and pureé in food processor or with a masher or cube it. If it is spaghetti squash the flesh will be stringy and ready to eat in that form.
Leave a Reply